👋 Permanent & Full-time 🌍 Remote position 💰 35-45k & meaningful equity
About Zwap ✨
Zwap is a network-building platform pioneering the future of how professional connections will be made, combining the flexibility of video meetings with the power of AI.
Our goal is to empower freelance professionals and remote teams to drive impact through meaningful connections inside and outside their organizations, easily and effectively.
Our ambition is to become the go-to platform both for individuals looking to build strong professional networks and for large remote teams to shape in-company strong connection habits.
Our mission is to offer employees, remote teams and digital entrepreneurs a way to build, grow and leverage their professional network with an easy and enjoyable tool to use, powered with data.
We’ve raised a pre-seed round with angels coming from forward-thinking companies. There was never a more exciting time to join us!
Who you are
As a Founding Engineer you will be setting the foundation of our engineering team alongside our CTO and product team from a technical and cultural standpoint.
You need to be comfortable with wearing multiple hats, from from implementing a new UI to scaling our data infrastructure or building some automated report.
Also you will have significant amount of ownership over the product direction and should expect to spend time talking to customers, teasing out use cases and making prioritization decisions regarding both the short- and long-term roadmap.
At the end of the day, your most important responsibility is to get your company’s product to market and maximize the number of product experiments that can be run.
There are a few critical traits you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- You crave ownership: if you often find yourself raising your hand to own things end-to-end, you will likely really enjoy this role. Maybe you will find yourself hosting one of our talks, running the new hire onboarding program or launching that new disruptive integration.
- You are a product lover: you enjoy building user-centric product and have the ability to actively challenge
- You’re ambitious: you want to do more, learn more, know more. You like to find ways to make things work at all costs.
- You love digging into open source libraries
- You get crazy if your code doesn’t follow some kind of standard
- Frontend: Flutter
- Backend: Django, Rest API, WebSocket, PostgreSQL, Redis, Neo4J, Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes, Tensorflow, GRPC, Node JS, Rabbit MQ, Go
- SaaS: Github, Figma, Slack (gif-less so far...), Github-Actions
- Data: Python
- Hosting: AWS (ECS, Lambda, SQS)
- Microservices oriented design mind-set
Our offer and benefits 🌱
We're a small team of 7, so there’s a bit of everything to do. Here few takeaways about the team:
- You’ll join me (Luigi), Alessandro, Federico and Vincenzo on the product team
- We are backed by some of the best angels in Italy
- You can get meaningful equity
- You’ll ship new features weekly
- Remote-first team: We're based across Italy and Germany. With plans to hire team members in all sorts of places. 🌍
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Zwap from scratch.
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
As an early team member at Zwap you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you might be a good fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you!
Sounds like you? Then, we should probably meet 👋
Just forward your LinkedIn or CV to email@example.com
If you want to stand out, choose a question below to answer:
- What can we improve about our website, the product or even our job offering?
- What surprising thing have you learned in the last few months?
- What excites you to join us?
Other good ways to stand out is if you contribute to open source, have side projects, put a lot of love into your blog,...
We'll get back to you within a week. No matter our decision, you will hear from us 🙃
Here's our hiring process for this role:
- A 45min video call with Luigi - CTO to deep dive a little bit more into tech, to make sure you're interested in our stack and product, and to check that your skillset and mindset fit for the job.
- A 1h tech call with Luigi - CTO and one member from our engineering team:
- we explain what we do and how, show you a demo. We explain our skills and values. We answer all your questions and feedbacks.
- then we reverse, you talk about a project you have worked on and we discuss it, in order to see whether we are aligned on what we want to achieve in a project
- 1h technical test, pair programming: we use the test as a base for discussion to figure out how it feels working together and to cover coding skills, architecture and exploration on a new topic.
- A 30min video call with Federico - CEO and Luca - COO. It's the perfect opportunity for you to ask anything about the company.
- (opt) 30 min coffee with team members to get a feel of the work atmosphere